Tax Day is just a few weeks away, and we’re getting really psyched.
Already, organizers are on board in these cities:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Washington, DC
1. Join our conference call on Tuesday, February 21st at 8 pm EST to learn more about tax justice and how the 1 percent can stand with the 99 percent. Sign up here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2. Join April 2012 Tax Day actions. Sign up to stay connected to our organizing at email@example.com.
3. Organize a tax justice workshop.
Take a look at the materials from our workshop. Contact us if you are interested in organizing a workshop or teach-in, and we can support you through the process. Or, just use these materials to start conversations about how our current tax system widens the wealth gap every year, and what we can do to create a progressive tax system.
4. Provide financial support for organizing.
One of the critical roles we can play in the Occupy Movement and its related organizations is through financial support. If you are looking for ideas, check out this extensive resource list.
You can also…
5. Write a blog post or opinion piece.
We are recruiting writers for a tax justice blog series and can work with you to draft, edit, and place a piece.
6. If you haven’t already, post your sign on the tumblr blog! Please encourage others to do the same.
7. Talk to friends and family members about wealth and taxes.
8. Support tax reform policies in Congress now. Visit www.wealthforcommongood.org.
9. If you’re under 35, join Resource Generation!
* * *
Call-In Day November 16th! Call your Congressional representatives through the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and tell them:
- Tax me! I support proposals to raise taxes for wealthy households like my own.
- No budget cuts until we raise revenue from those of us who have benefited the most and have the greatest capacity to pay.
Join the November 17th Day of Action:
- The 99 percent movement is organizing events all over the US, find a friend and hit the streets!
- Also check out Nov. 17th events at your local Occupy site: http://www.occupytogether.org/.
Add your name to United for a Fair Economy and Responsible Wealth’s sign-on letter to the Super-Committee, and please forward the letter to anybody that you think might be interested, especially upper-income taxpayers, investors and wealthy individuals.
We are excited to be doing this work, especially in this moment. We hope to engage with you in the coming months!
- The Resource Generation Tax Organizing Team
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org