The day I was born, my grandfather bought me 500 shares of a mutual fund and put my entire college tuition into a savings account for me. I grew up in country clubs and private schools.
After receiving a half tuition scholarship from my expensive private college, I was told the money I saved is now my spending money for my time here at school. Instead of shopping, I’ve spent my time working for LIFT.
There, I’ve seen that it’s not about who’s working harder to earn their living. It’s about basic human necessities. Redistribution is the only thing missing to help break the cycle of poverty.
Please tax me more. I need the money much less than those seeking government benefits.
I am the 1%, I stand with the 99%
- dakinishir reblogged this from westandwiththe99percent
- blogtheimpaler likes this
- birikforever likes this
- steroge reblogged this from westandwiththe99percent
- duchessoflamebridge likes this
- elmarhermoso likes this
- homecomingqueen reblogged this from westandwiththe99percent
- indianajosh likes this
- viviano likes this
- sarahlee310 reblogged this from westandwiththe99percent
- chetts likes this
- sondizzy likes this
- stellabluesbeads likes this
- rattyrattyjo likes this
- dakinishir likes this
- marmotface likes this
- lifesizedtales likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- pashions likes this
- letterpressedthoughts submitted this to westandwiththe99percent